Vuex Demystified - Application State Management
In Vue.js is quite simple to work with components, and share data among them using events
and props - especially in small to medium projects. When an application starts growing,
managing components state might become tedious and overwhelming. This is where Vuex comes
to our rescue. Vuex is a state management pattern and official library for Vue.js
applications. It serves as a centralized store for all the components in an application,
with rules ensuring that the state can only be mutated in a predictable fashion.
By the end of the workshop, attendees will be able to develop elegant, debuggable,
maintainable, and organized applications using a centralized store. No prior experience
with Vuex is needed.
We will answer the common question “When should I use Vuex?”
and work on real-world features. Outline
Alex Kyriakidis and Rolf Haug will be holding the workshop. The very same ones who are
behind VueSchool.io and The Vue.js Master Class.
- Understanding State Management Patterns
- What is Vuex and what problems solves
- Core concepts including Mutations, Actions, and Getters
- Modularising the store
- Composing Vuex assets using Higher-Order Functions
- Implementing Vuex pseudo-cache
- Best practices, common gotchas, and application architecture